Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A lion sketch from the 80's

seeing a hint of a synaptic influence from 1988, pop up in ones  current portfolio of expertise is rather interesting for me. the notion that architectural design can be  graphics set in stone,  has long appealed to me.

The super simplicity of form is appealing. Big box, small box architecture has its place - however for me fusing artistic influence into sculpture , into architectural end products, now that is very exciting.

A rough lion sketch i came across whilst looking for something else - gave me great satisfaction, because the lion has been a great imfluence to me since high noon. 

Architectural furniture, a gutter end piece i designed a few months back. the thread of lion influence and expression is past, present. I had not seen the 1988 sketch until a few weeks back, so i was happy to reflect that ive been honoring this incredible animal for years.

So the subliminal mindset is constantly pulling one back to early influences. and allowing one to express this influence in different time zones, different mediums and at different skill levels.