Wednesday, July 6, 2011

khayalitsha construction training

my training experience in khayalitsha has led to another facilitator construction training contract in de aar in august. this is with juta books, the sustainable institute and the department of human settlement, south africa.  i am really looking forward to this time in this remote town. im going to use the time when im not teaching to create and design, from catching up on my short story writing to designing wild wildetect ideals.

i have a few concepts i want to explore for a personal menswear range, which i would like to explore under the banner wildesion. ever since my time as a retail store designer for topics in the mid 90's - i have wanted to explore a range of clothes for myself, inspired by cultures where the men designed clothing for themselves. ie no feminine intervention to soften the ideals. from the native american indians, to the roman legions - as i have far to many distractions here in cape town . me being  the distraction king - so getting away for 3 weeks into the middle of south africa - might just allow me to find a few creative ideas i can fully explore.