Friday, June 19, 2009

New premises for QJD dsigen sutdio


when moving into new premises one is conscious of something in the air, a sense of expectancy that seems to emanate from deep within. an optimism that only a new environment can bring.

for the last 10 years i have run my studio from an office within my living space. this has served me very well and i have been able to look after family and work responsibilities simultaneously.

however the need to separate work from the family and the creative art component is a very necessary step. i have been offered a rare privilege to run my design studio from the academy of inventive design and technology campus. i have been teaching draughting and CAD design since 1994 and i have always contracted my services to the various colleges and training institutes that i have aligned myself with. this is the first step to weld aspects of my studio with a training component. the new premises form part of the Lesedi nuclear training facility in century city, Edison drive.

this sense of expectancy in the air for QJD dsigen sutdio is palpable - I have access to many draughting hands and feet , the surroundings of state of the art facilities, a corner office mr trump and a growing team of creative professionals. i have visions of extending the design consultancy aspect of my studio and a few other secret squirrel ides.

the new office furniture i have designed is being manufactured - its a modest piece of deco - a shelf - which embodies all my ideals and will be a comfortable transition piece - from home to office. so if your in the area mr jack tv, wimbat wimble, jack smith - pop in for a visit.

i absolutely believe even in these financially tumultuous times, sincere creative endeavour will prevail.